Internship Period/Type: This internship will run for 10 weeks. Interns are required to work 20 hours each week and will be paid $150 per week.
Supervision: The intern will report to The Heartland Institute's Director of Development.
Responsibilities: The internship will involve a wide variety of fundraising-related responsibilities, including donor and prospect mailings, emails, or phone calls; Annual Benefit auction item solicitation; data entry; printing; responding to emails and phone calls; and research.
- Proofread letters to donors, prospects, and allies
- Format and initially proofread emails and letters
- Research new and current donors
- Create and implement donor survey
- Solicit auction items for events
- Other tasks as assigned
- The intern is expected to have:
- Interest in fundraising and events
- Significant experience and fluency with both Word Perfect and Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, combined with a professional demeanor
- Attention to detail, organized, and ability to make reasoned judgementsCreativity and the drive to help implement new ideas
Email resume, cover letter and writing samples to Latreece Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org