The October issue of InfoTech & Telecom News leads with a report on the proposed Comcast-NBC Universal merger. The Federal Communications Commission is expected to determine by the end of the year whether it will allow the merger or block it.
Also in this issue:
- A 31-member coalition organized around the issue of broadcast retransmission fees has been formed to press for resolution of conflicts between broadcasters and cable and satellite companies.
- Public Knowledge and Free Press have asked the FCC to impose network neutrality rules on mobile carriers to stop them from blocking unsolicited text messages.
- If elected this fall, Sweden’s Pirate Party promises to host a peer-to-peer sharing site from within the nation’s Parliament.
- Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has directed his office to investigate alleged price-fixing among publishing companies and e-book sellers.
- The FCC Broadband Performance Technical Paper No. 4 presents many valid arguments against the commission’s effort to impose network neutrality on the Internet.
Newspaper Articles in this Issue
No matching newspaper articles