The September issue of Health Care News leads with reactions to President Barack Obama’s recess appointment of the controversial Dr. Donald Berwick as head of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Also in this issue:
- Health savings accounts may not fare so well under Obamacare.
- A closer examination of the new state-run health exchanges shows unexpected limitations.
- In a case with national implications, a tug of war between the Bay State’s governor and insurers over government restrictions on rate increases has been won by the insurers--for now.
- The new health care law forces states to navigate conflicting regulations.
- An on-the-ground look at San Francisco’s new ban on vending machine sales of soft drinks--they can’t sell bottled water, either.
- If you like your plan, you may not be able to keep it--analysts are finding unexpected traps in Obamacare law.
- Texas could be ground zero for problems as millions of new patients covered by Medicaid won’t find doctors willing to treat them.
Newspaper Articles in this Issue
No matching newspaper articles