The June 2011 issue of Health Care News reports on President Barack Obama’s plans to strengthen one of the more controversial boards created under his health care law, the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB).
Also in this issue:
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has announced his state will not create a health insurance exchange mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Analysts say states will have little power over the exchanges if they choose to implement them. * Obamacare-mandated medical loss ratios are further pinching already-struggling insurers.
- Lack of transparency from the Obama administration frustrates Capitol Hill as subpoenas go out for documentation about meetings that took place as Obamacare was being developed.
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich is pursuing a budget-cutting reform package.
- North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue refuses to make public employees contribute to their own health coverage.
- Now that Obama’s plan is law, the CEO of Starbucks realizes the employer mandate he supported is bad for business.
Newspaper Articles in this Issue
No matching newspaper articles