A Backdoor Path to Amnesty?
In this post at the Foundry, Rob Bluey asks 5 question regarding the Dream Act--they include:
- Would this endanger the lives of children by encouraging greater trafficking across the increasingly dangerous U.S.-Mexico border?
- Is the proposal fair to the estimated 4.4 million people who are waiting to come to the U.S. legally?
- Would it promote greater family chain migration, resulting in double or triple the number of illegal aliens ultimately receiving amnesty?
- What is to prevent DREAM Act legislation from becoming a vehicle for an amnesty like the Senate bill?
- What would make this different from the past proposals that have been repeatedly rejected by Congress?