Have Humans Changed the Climate? Facts and Consequences
On November 18, 2009, MEP Roger Helmer of the United Kingdom organized a one-day conference on climate change in the European Parliament in Brussels. This document is a short summary of the presentations delivered at that conference.
Several speakers at the conference were contributors to the reports of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change.
The following presentations were delivered and are summarized in this document:
- AnthonyWatts, NIPCC, USA: What can we say today about the temperature measurements of the past?
- Ross McKitrick, University of Guelph, Ontario Canada: Climate Models versus measurements: An Updated Comparison
- Tom Segalstad, NIPCC, University of Oslo. Norway: CO2 chemistry, carbon cycle and ocean acidification
- Fred S. Singer, NIPCC, USA: Why can’t we trust IPCC?
- Fred Goldberg, NIPCC, Stockholm Sweden: Ocean currents and its effect on the climate and Arctic ice conditions
- Hans Labohm, NIPCC, independent economist and expert reviewer IPCC: Economical, political and social consequences of a COP15 agreement
- Benny Peiser, Liverpool John Moores University, UK: Media Bias, Climate Alarmism and the Rise of the New Media
- James Delingpole, The Telegraph: Role of the Media