Heartlander: March-April 2011 (full text pdf)
The March-April 2011 issue of The Heartlander features Heartland President Joseph Bast’s review of “Atlas Shrugged: Part 1,” the movie, and reminiscences about the importance of Atlas Shrugged, the novel.
Also in this issue:
- Heartland will host the Sixth International Conference on Climate Change in Washington, DC on June 30-July 1, and its Seventh Emerging Issues Forum and 27th Anniversary Benefit Dinner on Thursday, October 13;
- Heartland Science Director Jay Lehr appeared nearly 60 times on MSNBC, CNBC, Fox News, NBC, and other major media outlets.
- an update on activities of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) and our ongoing Free To Choose Medicine initiative and announcement of the new Medical Device Freedom initiative;
- descriptions of two new booklets polybagged with School Reform News: “Ten Principles of Higher Education” and Transformational Innovation in K-12 Education;
- summaries of our publications, public relations, and government relations work on budget and tax policy, environment, health care, information technology and telecommunications, school reform, lawsuit abuse, and finance, insurance, and real estate;
- and much more!