The Heartlander: November-December 2009 (pdf)
The November-December 2009 issue of the Heartlander opens with Heartland President Joseph Bast’s reflections on the past, present, and future of school choice. The essay is based on his keynote address at the 50th Anniversary Celebration of Citizens for Educational Freedom, on October 20, 2009.
Also in this issue:
- an announcement of our release of Jim Lakely’s new Heartland Policy Study, “Neutralism: The Strange Philosophy Behind the Movement for Net Neutrality”;
- an update on Heartland’s involvement in the lawsuit against Chicago’s handgun ban, which the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to review;
- highlights from the March on Washington and Milwaukee Tea Party;
- updates on our work on budget and tax policy, environment, health care, information technology and telecommunications, school reform, lawsuit abuse, and finance, insurance, and real estate;
- and wedding bells ring for no fewer than three Heartland staffers this summer and fall!