Rep. Broun on the Push for Repeal
On today's Health Care News podcast from the Heartland Institute, Congressman Paul Broun, Republican of Georgia and a physician, talks with us about some of the most recent news regarding Obamacare, and his strong views concerning its repeal.
A few facts Congressman Broun wanted to share:
• Health insurance companies have announced premiums are expected to increase by as much as 20 percent next year.
• 1 in 5 seniors could lose their Medicare Part D plan.
• 1 out of 2 Americans who receive health care from their employers will lose it.
• Health insurance companies announced they will stop offering child-only policies due to uncertainty caused by the health care law.
• CMS economists announced that health care costs will increase by $311 billion and government spending on health care will rise to 21% of GDP by 2019.
• Fifty percent of seniors will lose their Medicare Advantage plans.
• Doctors may drop out of Medicare because of the changes in Medicare reimbursement rates.
You can listen to the podcast here.