About Us Menu
Internship in Graphic Design
The internship will involve a wide variety of design assignments and projects such as Web graphics, brochures, newspapers, book covers, fliers, invitations, and ads.
- Create design solutions according to specified assignments.
- Design solutions and layouts using InDesign.
- Retouch photographs using Photoshop.
- Prepare files for use online and for print.
- Other duties as assigned.
This internship will run for 10 weeks. Interns are required to work 20 hours each week and will be paid $150 per week.
The intern will report to The Heartland Institute’s senior graphic designer.
The intern is expected to have:
- Interest in public policy issues and free-market thought.
- Strong portfolio.
- Strong typography and layout ability.
- Significant experience and fluency with Word Perfect or Microsoft Word.
- Experience and fluency with Adobe CS software programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, combined with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent English language skills, including spelling and grammar, and attention to detail.
Email your resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to Wanda Davis at [email protected].