Below is a list what a consumer-driven health care plan should include, according to John C. Goodman, of the Goodman Institute and Marie Fishpaw, of the Heritage Foundation.
- Personal and portable health insurance that travels with you from job to job and in and out of the labor market.
- Round-the-clock access your physician — by phone, email, and Skype.
- Virtual “doctor visits” in your own home – avoiding traffic, long waits and trips to emergency rooms.
- An alternative to Obamacare that would have lower premiums, lower deductibles, and access to the best doctors and the best hospitals.
- New opportunities to take control of your care, with health accounts you own and control.
Goodman, John C. and Fishpaw, Marie, “A Health Plan for President Trump,” The Goodman Institute, The Heritage Foundation, July 29, 2019: https://heartland.org/publications-resources/publications/a-health-plan-for-president-trump