Before the 1800’s humanity had no products from oil to make life more enjoyable
Worldwide crude oil consumption is currently estimated at roughly 96.5 million barrels per day. According to OPEC, global demand is expected to reach 109 million barrels per day. Estimations vary slightly from other sources as well, but it is predicted that – if demand forecasts hold – we may run out of global oil from known reserves in about 50 years. To put it in layman’s terms, 100 million barrels of oil is more than 4 BILLION gallons of crude oil being sucked out of the earth EVERY DAY. How long can those withdrawals take before the wells run dry?
Today’s wealthy country’s teenagers, and young adults like Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, may see the end of crude oil and our materialistic society before they reach the age of 70 or 80.
Thanks to all the products human ingenuity has been able to develop over the last 200 years, after the discovery of crude oil, the world has populated from 1 to 8 billion.
Today those oil based products are the foundation for more than 50,000 merchant ships, more than 20,000 commercial aircraft and more than 50,000 military aircraft. The fuels to move the heavy-weight and long-range needs of jets moving people and products, and the merchant ships for global trade flows, and the military and space programs, are also dependent on what can be manufactured from crude oil.
- Question: Once President Joe Biden ceases all oil production in America, when will he educate the public about his alternative source for the products and components to support the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, and Space programs that are now reliant on crude oil for those products and fuels?
Looking back at the history of the petroleum industry, it illustrates that the black cruddy looking crude oil was virtually useless, unless it could be manufactured (refineries) into oil derivatives that are now the basis of chemical products, such as plastics, solvents, and medications, that are essential for supporting modern lifestyles. The more than 6,000 products that are based on oil are being used for the health and well-being of humanity and the generation of electricity did not exist a few short centuries ago.
Like all the products needed by ships and planes, all the electricity generation options available, such as wind turbines, solar panels, nuclear, hydro, coal, and natural gas, are all dependent on the products and components manufactured from crude oil to be able to generate electricity.
Crude oil has become the basis of our materialistic society as all the components and equipment for the generation of electricity by wind, solar, coal, natural gas, nuclear, and hydro are all made from the oil derivatives manufactured from crude oil !
- Question: When will California Governor Gavin Newsom begin to educate Californians as to where they will get the products and components to support an electric vehicle state, as EV’s are now totally made with crude oil?
With less oil to feed the supply chain of products for all the infrastructures such as hospitals, electronics, communications, transportation, and more, that did not exist a few centuries ago, we may be heading backwards toward the pre-1800’s when humanity had only superior intelligence while competing for survival with the wild animal kingdom.
To minimize the importance to the 8 billion now on this planet, to live with less oil, it remains imperative to identify the backup source that can support the growing product demands of the health and well-being of the world’s population.
- Question: When will Swedish activist Greta Thunberg begin to educate her followers about her alternative source for the products and components to build wind turbines and solar panels, once crude oil production ceases?
The elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss is that crude oil is the foundation of our materialistic society, as it is the basis of all products and fuels demanded by the 8 billion on this planet.
- Ridding the world of raw crude oil before we have a replacement to produce the oil derivatives currently manufactured from crude oil, we’re back to the 1800’s.
- The greatest threat to the world’s populations could be the future for billions to exist and prosper without those oil derivatives that are currently supporting more than 6,000 products for society.
- Shockingly, very few parents, teachers, students, politicians, and those in the media, have any clues or understanding about the basis of the products in our daily lives from crude oil! Energy Literacy at its best!!!
From the proverb “you can’t have your cake and eat it too”, tells us that we need to look at the loud messages of a few high-profile individuals:
- President Joe Biden, California Governor Gavin Newsom, and teenager Greta Thunberg want to rid the world of crude oil usage, but they need to belly-up to the bar and explain how,
- Humanity can continue to enjoy the products and fuels that are currently made with the oil derivatives manufactured from the crude oil they wish to eliminate.
We have become a product driven society in less than 200 years. The conundrum is that world leaders and policy makers don’t want crude oil, but they definitely need the products now dependent on crude oil!
Further eradicating the world of crude oil usage without first having a replacement in mind, is immoral and evil, as extreme shortages of the products now manufactured from fossil fuels will result in billions of fatalities from diseases, malnutrition, and weather-related deaths, and could be a major threat to the world’s eight billion population.
If humanity cannot clone the products now based on crude oil, we RID THE WORLD OF AIRPORTS, JETS, SHIPS, SPACE PROGRAMS, and STOP SOCIAL MEDIA, and THE PRODUCTION OF CELLPHONES, COMPUTERS, and PORCELAIN TOILETS that are dependent on the derivatives manufactured from crude oil!!