Many of the reports and essays cited in the accompanying article are . . . or at least were when we went to print . . . available on the Internet.
- Eric Goldstein was quoted in the October 5 New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/05/nyregion/05SPRA.html
- Stephen Ambrose’s oped in the October 1 Wall Street Journal is at http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=95001245
- Dan Gillmor’s column in the September 23 San Jose Mercury News can be found at http://www0.mercurycenter.com/premium/business/docs/gillmor23.htm
- Holman Jenkins Jr.’s article was in the September 19 Wall Street Journal, http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/hjenkins/?id=95001173
- Paul Krugman’s oped can be found in the October 3 New York Times at http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/03/opinion/03KRUG.html
- An analysis by the Reason Foundation’s Sam Staley of the effects of the attack on New York can be found at http://www.rppi.org/wtc/100501staley.html
Other views . . .
- New Urbanists, “Smart Growth Is Still Smart,” http://www.newcolonist.com/smartgrowth.html
- Thomas Bray, “Let Freedom Sprawl,” http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/tbray/?id=95001150
- Business Week, “The Future of the City,” http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/01_40/b3751726.htm
- Leonard Gilroy, “Our Relationship with the Built Environment,” http://www.rppi.org/opeds/092801.html
- Washington Post, “N.Y. Weighs Its ‘Bittersweet Opportunity,'” http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17789-2001Oct6.html