On November 10-12, 2003, The Emergent Group will convene health care executives and senior decision makers from the employer community to discuss the health care consumer phenomenon and the future of health care delivery at the Consumer Directed Health Care Conference and Expo (CDHCC).
CDHCC will share keynote presentations and a common exhibition floor with the Healthcare Delivery Solutions Congress, combining to offer more than 200 speakers who will address their respective targeted communities in more than 100 concurrent sessions.
The CDHCC program will offer distinct pre-conference tracks aimed at the employer, provider, health plan, and agent/broker communities, and one track for participants interested in government plans and pending legislation. Conference tracks will be aimed at the employer, provider, and health plan communities, plus direct-to-consumer (DTC)/mature markets and digital health/telemedicine.
More than three dozen feature and keynote speakers already have confirmed for the event. Among them are several experts familiar to Health Care News readers, including Jack Faris, president and CEO of the National Federation of Independent Business; former Congressman Newt Gingrich, founder of the Center for Health Transformation; James Rodgers of the American Medical Association; and Greg Scandlen, director of the Galen Institute’s Center for Consumer Driven Health Care and author of the “Consumer Choice Matters” column in Health Care News.
Other confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Pam Bailey, president, Advamed
- Stan Bernard, president, Bernard Associates
- Jon Comola, president, Wye River Group on Healthcare
- Joe Coughlin, MIT AgeLab
- John Davies, vice president and general manager of Intel Corporation’s Solutions Group
- Nancy-Anne DeParle, senior advisor, JP Morgan
- Raymond Falci, health care analyst, Bear Stearns
- Frank Houser, MD, Chief Medical Officer, HCA Inc.
- Jeff Gelfand, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital/Center for Integration of Medicine & Innovative Technology
- Jeff Goldsmith, president, Health Future, Inc
- Harry Jacobson, MD, vice chancellor for health affairs, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Doug Kronenburg, chief strategy officer, Lumenos
- Charles N. Kahn, III, president, Federation of American Hospitals
- Ken Linde, CEO, Destiny Health
- Robert Margolis, MD, CEO, Healthcare Partners
- Tom Miller, president, Siemens Medical Solutions
- Tony Miller, CEO, Definity Health
- Frank Morgan, analyst, Jeffries & Company, Inc.
- Lee Newcomer, CEO, Vivius
- James Nuckolls, MD, medical director, Carilion Healthcare Corporation
- Neal Patterson, chairman and CEO, Cerner Corporation
- Kip Perlstein, vice president and national practice leader, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
- Lori Price, health care services analyst, JP Morgan
- Richard Reece, MD, editor-in-chief, Practice Options, Premier Health Resource, Inc.
- Jack Reed, president and CEO, ProHealth Physicians
- Russ Ricci, MD, chairman of the board, US Wellness; chairman of the board, eHealth Initiative
- Jill Rotenberg, JWCH/Coordinated Prevention Network
- Michael A. Sachs, president and CEO, SG-2
- Paul Schyve, MD, senior vice president, Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Aaron Shirley, MD, Hinds County Health Alliance
- Sanford Tolchin, MD, chief medical officer, Borgess Medical Center
- Bruce Vladeck, senior vice president for policy, Mount Sinai Medical Center/former administrator of the Health Care Financing Administration
- Nancy Whitelaw, PhD, National Council on the Aging
CDHCC members receive event discounts and other benefits. Member benefits include:
- 10 percent discount on all The Emergent Group conferences. (Cannot be combined with any other discount.)
- free newsletter
- weekly updates on conferences and trade shows.
To become a member of CDHCC, visit http://www.cdhcc.com. You must use a valid email address to become a member.
The Emergent Group, LLC
The Emergent Group, LLC is an event management company offering a full range of management services and partnership opportunities. The company brings years of knowledge and experience to a variety of industries, including health care, media, travel, financial, entertainment and sports, and produces several industry-specific events including Consumer Directed Healthcare Conference (CDHCC), Healthcare Delivery Solutions Congress (HDSC) and The Emerging Technologies and Healthcare Innovations Congress (TETHIC).
Leanne Forbes is with The Emergent Group. Her email address is [email protected].
For more information …