Hot Fun in the Summertime

Published June 20, 2011

A Long Island woman is suing the maker of her bikini bathing suit because the metal underwire in the top got hot in the sun and burned her.

The woman was sunbathing in her backyard, only for about an hour, she claims, on a 90-degree day. She later showered and discovered blisters.

Source: Paul Thompson, “Sunbather ‘left with blistering burns after the wire in her bikini top scalded her chest,'” Daily Mail (U.K.), June 20, 2011 via Jonathan Turley