- Expansion of the state’s children’s health insurance program to cover up to 39,000 additional needy children.
- Increased eligibility for pregnant women on Medicaid, which will help an estimated 17,000 Hoosiers.
- A 50 percent small business wellness program tax credit that would affect 103,000 businesses employing 815,000 workers.
- Language requiring insurance companies to allow parents to keep children on a family insurance plan up to the age of 24.
- A provision modeled after federal law that allows companies to use pre-tax dollars to pay for employee health insurance coverage. Part of the program also includes both a federal and state income tax deduction for employees.
— Judi Loomis